The savory combination of caramelized shallots and mushrooms make this 5-ingredient frittata a winning recipe. Frittatas are delicious any time of day and leftovers can be used for packable sandwiches.
Want more? 11 Frittata Recipes You Have To Try Today.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° F.
1. In a large oven proof pan coated lightly with extra virgin olive oil (evoo), add shallots and saute over medium heat for 10 minutes until caramelized and golden brown. Add mushrooms to the pan, a bit more evoo and saute for 5 more minutes. Season veggies with salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, which eggs and milk together. Pour egg mixture into pan and transfer to oven. Bake for 20 minutes until eggs are just set ( a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean).
3. Cool and slice into wedges or squares. Frittata can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 day. Reheat on low if serving warm.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to Jamie Geller's Newsletter Today!