- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 3/4 cup bottled Caribbean jerk marinadeSalad:
- 1 lbsalad spring mix (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 2 pink grapefruit, peel and pith removed, segmented
- 2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed, segmented
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced very finelyDressing:
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 TBLS tarragon
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 TBLS orange juice
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
1 In shallow dish or container, place chicken and cover with jerk marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for one hour, or up to overnight.
2 Make dressing by combining ginger, tarragon, rice vinegar, mustard, orange juice, hot sauce, lemon zest and salt in bowl of food processor or in blender. Blend, slowly adding oils until dressing is emulsified.
3 Drain chicken and discard marinade.
4 In a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, place chicken and cook, turning, until golden brown and done throughout, about 8 – 10 minutes.
5 Remove chicken from heat and cool slightly.
6 In large bowl, combine greens, mint, nectarines, grapefruit, oranges, mango and onion. Add half of dressing and toss to combine.
7 Add cooled chicken; toss salad again. Divide salad between four plates to serve. Pass extra dressing on the side, if desired.
Source: National Chicken Council