Delcious, carrot cupcakes!
- Prep Time
- 20 Cupcakes ServingsServings
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (2 1/2-ounce) jar baby food applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 medium carrots), squeezed dry
- 1 cup canned drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 20 paper liners in muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, mix the baking powder with the applesauce until it foams. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together
- Mix in the vanilla, oil, carrots, pineapple, and the applesauce mixture. Mix well until just combined.
- Fill lined muffin tins three-quarters full. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove tins from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Once cupcakes are cool, remove them from the pan.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar by placing the sugar in a small sieve and shaking the sieve gently over the cupcakes.
Contributed by:Quick & Kosher, Jamie Geller