For a different kind of carrot salad, try this healthy and easy to prepare side dish of shredded carrots with grapes, jicama, cilantro, and salted peanuts, marinated in orange juice, spiced with just the right amount of lime juice and habenero chile.
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate (undiluted)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced habanero chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 2 cups halved California seedless grapes
- 1 1/2 cups julienned jicama
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup coarsly chopped salted peanuts
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
2. In a separate serving bowl, combine salad ingredients.
3. Pour dressing over top and toss to incorporate.