Get out of your latke rut! These cauliflower carrot latkes are a super yummy and healthy way to add some variety to your Chanukah table.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (3 cups)
- 3 shredded carrots or 6 shredded baby carrots (1 cup)
- 1 small potato, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup matzoh meal
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Boil cauliflower, carrots, potato, and garlic in salted water for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
2. Chop cauliflower; smash potato and garlic.
3. In a medium bowl, mix cauliflower, carrots, potato, garlic, matzoh meal, onion, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
4. Add beaten eggs to bind ingredients together; combine with mixture.
5. Shape latkes using ¼ cup mixture for each.
6. Coat non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
7. Brown latkes to desired doneness, about 4 to 6 minutes per side.