A perfect fall vegetable side, these Chai Roasted Acorn Squash are healthy and delicious. They are flavored with chai tea and stuffed with bulgur, onions, pecans, and cranberries.
Roast acorn squash.
Prepare bulgur filling.
Fill squash halves with bulgur mixture.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 3 to 4 acorn squash, washed and halved with seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Contents of 2 masala chai tea bags
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup bulgur, soaked in 2 cups of boiling water for half an hour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup of coarsely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped scallions (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Place halved squash on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with tea, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
3. Roast squash in 180°C (350°F) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
1. Heat evoo in a medium sauté pan over medium. Cook diced onions for 7 to 10 minutes, until golden. Drain bulgur and add to onions. Add pecans, cranberries, salt, and pepper. Stir, taste, and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
2. Place squash on a serving dish and fill with the bulgur mixture. Sprinkle scallions and drizzle olive oil on top. Serve warm.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for the JOY of KOSHER Newsletter.