Your new favorite gluten free high fiber and vitamin toast or sandwich comes from the simple sweet potato. Bonus, sweet potatoes are one of the best sources of Vitamin A, an antioxidant powerhouse that is linked to anti-aging benefits, cancer prevention and the maintenance of good eyesight.
Try and find large sweet potatoes to make your toast and sandwiches best. You can also toast these sweet potatoes ahead of time on a meal prep day, store in the freezer, and pop them back in for 2-3 minutes to reheat when ready to use.
Use leftover charoset or apple butter along with either chicken or turkey for an easy sandwich.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 (8-ounce) large sweet potato, scrubbed well, cut lengthwise into ¼” slices (4-6 slices)
- 2 tablespoon apple butter or charoset
- 3 ounces cooked chicken breast or turkey breast, thinly sliced
- Thinly slice sweet potato lengthwise into ¼” slices.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes in a slot toaster, a toaster oven or a regular oven at 450℉. Toast 15-20 minutes, turning after 10 if not using a slot toaster.
- Top 2 slices each with 1 tablespoon charoset or apple butter and half the chicken. Cover with other slice sweet potato and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 2 sandwiches
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 72 mg
- Fat Content: 3.1 g
- Fiber Content: 4.3 g
- Protein Content: 26.2 g
- Sugar Content: 19.4 g