Love cheesecake? Hate all the fat and calories?
This recipe has all the flavor but much less fat and sugar. Did you know ricotta cheese is actually a great source of protein? This is a dessert where you have your cake and eat it too.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 18 mini cheesecakesServings
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ pound ricotta
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon butter for greasing
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and vanilla on high speed until pale yellow and fluffy, about 7 minutes. Slowly beat in the honey. On low speed, mix in the ricotta, lemon zest and flour. Stir in chocolate chips if using.
3. Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan with butter. Spoon the cheese mixture into the pan
Using a mini muffin tin you can line or grease with butter. Spoon the cheese mixture into the cups.
4. Place the muffin pan on a rimmed baking sheet, transfer to the oven and pour about 1 ½ cups water onto the baking sheet to make a water bath. Bake until the cheesecake centers are just set, about 38 minutes, they will still be a little soft, but will firm up in fridge. Remove the muffin pan from the baking sheet. If the cakes are not fully set, you can put them back in without the water bath for another 5-10 minutes. Then remove and allow to cool.
- Serving Size: 1 cheesecake with chocolate chips
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 27 mg
- Fat Content: 4.3 g
- Protein Content: 3.3 g
- Sugar Content: 11 g