- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces regular cream cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water
To make the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8-inch spring-form pan.
2. In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and melted butter until evenly mixed. Using fingertips, press mixture evenly into bottom of springform pan and up the sides around 2-3 inches all around.
3. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
To make the filling:
1. Using an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the mascarpone and cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar and continue to beat until combined.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix. Add the sour cream and beat until smooth.
3. Pour the cheese mixture into prepared crust and bake for 1 hour. After 1 hour turn off oven, but keep cheesecake in oven to cool slowly. After the additional one hour of cooling, remove cheesecake and chill in fridge at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
To make the topping:
1. In a small saucepan combine cherries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool at room temperature.
1. Remove cheesecake carefully from springform pan, using a butter knife or spatula along the edges if necessary.
2. Spoon cherry mixture on top of cheesecake and allow it to drip slightly over the sides. Slice and serve
Recipes published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Summer 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW