Turn your ripe summer cherries into a fun summer cocktail with a refreshing fizz!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
Cherry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- 3 ounces vodka
- 2 tablespoons cherry simple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 ounces Cava or Prosecco Ice
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, sugar, and cherries. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Pour syrup through a fine mesh sieve and discard cherries. Place syrup in fridge until completely chilled
3. Pour the vodka, cherry simple syrup, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice.
4. Shake well, using an up-and-down motion over your shoulder, and strain into a cocktail glass. Top cocktail with Cava or Prosecco. Garnish with fresh cherries.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Summer 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW