There is something utterly satisfying and completely comforting about consuming a full meal in one bowl. This protein power bowl is a quick weeknight dinner favorite. Also ideal for planning ahead you can prep and store each component separately in the fridge and assemble just before serving.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 10 ounces canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ tablespoon zaatar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ chicken broth
- Garnish: Tahini
- Combine sweet potatoes, chickpeas, 2 tablespoons evoo, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly on a sheet pan, roast at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- Toss chicken with 1 tablespoon evoo, za’atar, garlic, remaining cinnamon and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons evoo in a large pan over medium-high heat until oil shimmers. Saute chicken for 3 minutes, flip, add broth and cover. Cook for an additional 5 - 7 minutes until juices run clear and the internal temperature is 165°F. Remove chicken and slice.
- Toss chard with lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide chard between bowls and top with warm sweet potato hash and chicken. Drizzle with tahini.