- 2-3 ServingsServings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3 - 3 1/2 pound chicken, cut into approximately 12 pieces
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- matzo cake flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons sliced garlic, about 5 - 6 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/3 cup golden raisins, plumped in warm water
- 2 red bell peppers, diced large
- 2 green bell peppers, diced larg
- 2 yellow bell peppers, diced large
- 2 white onions, diced medium
- 2 baked potatoes, diced large
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
1 Heat olive oil in a large skillet
2 Season the raw chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in matzo flour. Place the chicken pieces in the skillet and brown on all sides until golden. Do not overcrowd the skillet. Remove the chicken from the skillet to an ovenproof casserole.
3 Adjust the heat to low and into the same skillet add the sliced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté the garlic until light golden brown. Add in the oregano and drained raisins and stir.
4 Add in the peppers, onions and potatoes. Pour in the vinegar, white wine and chicken stock. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5 Pour over the chicken and bake in a 350 F. oven, uncovered for approximately 35 - 45 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Adjust seasonings as needed. Serve hot.
Source: Jeff Nathan