Think of the obvious benefit of crockpot meals! I mean, you can throw stuff into the pot in the morning before you leave for work (or wherever you go to do what you do) and when you come home — the house smells divine, and dinner is done!
It seems to me that chicken and crockpots somehow belong together and when you try this simple recipe for Chicken Thighs with Eggplant and Olives over Pasta you will surely agree.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (1½ lbs)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 4 cups jarred pasta sauce
- 1 cup sliced Spanish olives
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound rigatoni or other favorite pasta
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Brown chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer thighs to slow cooker and cover with sauce, olives, onion powder, red pepper and garlic powder. Cook on low for 5 hours. Add eggplant and cook 1 more hour.
- About 15 minutes before chicken is done, cook pasta according to package directions and drain well. After 6 hours remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside. Stir in parsley and cooked pasta. Distribute between 4 serving bowls and top each with a chicken thigh.