Savor this fusion of ingredients as they combine to make a melody in your mouth.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened if very thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 large ripe but firm mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shelled, roasted and salted pistachios
- 3 tablespoon dried cranberries
- pinch or dash cinnamon
- pinch or dash allspice
Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Stir together rice, mango, onion, pistachios, cranberries and spices in a medium foil pan or on a very large piece of heavy duty foil. Place about 1/3 cup of rice mixture in the center of each chicken breast. Bring in the ends and sides to enclose, then tie with kitchen string to seal in filling. Grill over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side, then place chicken on top of remaining rice mixture. Cover with foil or seal foil package, leaving room for air to circulate. Grill for 5 minutes more.
If desired, slice chicken into medallions to serve.