- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 large ripe honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cubed (approximately 8 cups)
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup honey, plus more to taste if the melon is not very sweet
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- Pinch of sea salt, plus more to taste
- chopped crystallized ginger, fresh mint leaves, sour cream
Blend: Place melon, coconut milk, honey, lime juice, ginger and a pinch of salt in the bowl
of a food processor or blender. Process until the mixture is smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and additional honey if needed. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish
with a dollop of sour cream sprinkled with chopped crystallized ginger and a mint leaf.
Serving Option: Soup can be served in small scooped out melon halves.
Plan ahead: Soup can be made 2 days ahead and stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
Cook's tip: Freshly grated ginger keeps beautifully in the freezer so you can always have some on hand. Just remove the peel with the back of a metal spoon then grate finely with a microplane - no need to defrost!