- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6 ServingsServings
- 3 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 5 medium poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- Chopped white onion, Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges (optional)
1 Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef short ribs evenly. Remove from stockpot; season with salt and black pepper.
2 Add 1 cup onion to stockpot; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
3 Add tomatoes, chipotle peppers and poblano peppers to stockpot. Return beef to pan; bring to a boil.
4 Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
5 Remove beef; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
6 Spoon cooking liquid over beef. Sprinkle with chopped onion and cilantro, as desired. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.