- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 Tablespoons sliced almonds
1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 In a medium bowl combine flour, ¾ cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3 Combine milk and butter and blend into dry ingredients. Spoon batter into a 10-inch pie pan coated with nonstick spray.
4 Whisk together brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. Sprinkle over batter. Combine water and almond extract; pour over batter. Sprinkle almonds on top.
5 Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted through the cake layer, comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.
Source: Wheat Foods Council