This Chocolate Bread Pudding has a rich chocolate flavor that makes great use out of a typically leftover staple, bread.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 medium challahs, or 8 cups leftover challah
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 5 cups soy milk
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ chocolate liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut challah into 1 inch cubes, place on large baking tray and toast until lightly browned and crunchy. Leave the challah
out on countertop to dry for at least thirty minutes.
3. Whisk together the chocolate pudding powder, soy milk, eggs, sugar, cocoa, and liqueur, forming a custard.
4. Place the toasted challah into a 9x13-inch dish.
5. Pour chocolate chips over bread.
6. Pour custard mixture over the bread, and use a spatula to ensure that all the bread is submerged in the custard.
7. Bake for about an hour.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine (Bitayavon, Fall 2012) Subscribe Now