For chili lovers, for chocolate lovers - the ultimate combination!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 to 6Servings
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ cup canned green chilies, whole
- ½ cup water
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons ground red chili powder hot-mild
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 beef bouillon cube
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
2. Add meat to the skillet. Break up any lumps with a fork and cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is evenly browned.
3. Stir in kidney beans, tomato puree, tomato paste, green chile, water, 1-ounce of chocolate, ground chili, cumin and beef cube. Mix well.
4. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for ½ hour, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in remaining chocolate and continue cooking until thoroughly blended. Taste and adjust seasonings.