A classic kosher cheesecake made all the more delectable by adding chocolate chips. Perfect for Passover when paired with a Chocolate Macaroon Pie Crust or made in a traditional graham cracker pie crust for Shavuot or anytime you want a dairy dessert.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (9-inch) prepared chocolate or plain graham cracker pie crust
- ½ cup pie filling (or ½ cup sour cream), optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, mix cream cheese and sugars together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing into batter. When fully blended, mix in vanilla.
- Using a silicone spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into macaroon or graham cracker crust.
- Bake at 350℉ for 40 to 50 minutes or until just slightly jiggly in the center. The cake will finish cooking from the retained heat after you take it out of the oven. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours before serving.
- Before serving top with either a layer of sour cream or your favorite flavor pie filling, if desired.
If you want to transform this into a chocolate swirl cheesecake, squirt chocolate syrup on top and use a knife to create a zigzag swirl design before putting it in the oven.
Not big on chocolate? Just omit the chips and it's a classic cheesecake.