No fuss, no mess, no cutting-in-the-margarine chocolate pie crust. What could be better, faster and more unique? A new family favorite that can be same day or prepared in advance and saved for another time. Passover appropriate too! Prep time below doesn't include freezing time.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt per serving
1. Line the bottom of an 8 1⁄2 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients in a high-quality food processor and process until fine crumbs form.
3. Press the dough into the prepared pan, pressing up the sides.
4. Freeze at least 4 hours, until set.
5. If desired, this recipe can be made ahead of time. Cover the pan and store in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Use this recipe for the filling that appears in the image http://www.joyofkosher.com/recipes/chocolate-infinity-pie/.