Kosher for Passover treats can be expensive. These DIY chocolate-covered matzo are delicious money savers.
To make super impressive chocolate-covered matzohs, double the amount of chocolate chips and margarine. When the matzohs are cool and chocolate has hardened on one side, turn over and coat the other side.
- Prep Time
- 8 matzohs ServingsServings
- 8 slices matzoh
- 1 bag semisweet kosher-for-Passover chocolate chips (10-ounce)
- 2 tablespoon margarine
- Place matzoh on 2 cookie sheets lined with wax paper.
- Place chocolate chips and margarine in microwave-proof bowl and heat in microwave until chocolate is almost melted, about 2 minutes. Check and stir every 20 seconds until completely melted and well combined.
- Spread melted chocolate mixture over matzoh, using a spatula. Let cool at room temperature, about 2 hours.
- When chocolate has hardened, stack matzohs between layers of wax paper. Store in airtight containers. Before serving, break into smaller pieces, about the size of a cookie.