A satisfying, fun and healthy dessert. Dark chocolate and fruit are both packed with natural antioxidants which protect the body from illnesses, have anti-aging properties, and support cardiovascular health. Chocolate releases natural chemicals in the brain called endorphins, which act as a natural antidepressant and help elevate one’s mood.
- Prep Time
- 6 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate (up to 70% cocoa)
- Assortment of fruit such as cherries, gooseberries, star fruit or apples
- Ground nuts (optional)
- Pretzels (optional)
1. Melt chocolate over a double boiler by placing a heatproof bowl over a pan filled with one inch of simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. This is the best way to melt chocolate, and ensures a great quality dessert. Alternatively, you can melt chocolate in the microwave.
2. Once chocolate has melted, remove from heat and dip fruit or pretzels as desired into chocolate.
3. At this point you can dip the fruit or pretzels into the ground nuts.
4. Place dipped fruit on a tray lined with parchment or wax paper.
5. Once chocolate has set, place chocolate-dipped fruit into a container, cover container and refrigerate until ready to serve.