This chocolate mousse recipe is the filling for our Pie Pops (click link for crust recipe).
- Prep Time
- 9 to 10Servings
- 6 ounces extra-firm silken tofu
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
1. Drain away any excess water from tofu. Place in food processor and pulse once. Add in vanilla and salt. Blend just until tofu is almost smooth. Set aside.
2. Place chocolate chips, corn syrup, and vegan butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat on full power for 60 seconds. Stir thoroughly until smooth. If all chips haven't entirely melted, continue to microwave at intervals of 30 seconds, stirring well after each time.
3. Pour melted chocolate into food processor with tofu puree. Pause to scrape down the sides periodically, until everything has been incorporated and the chocolate mousse is silky smooth. Let rest for 20 to 30 minutes to cool slightly, but do not chill before using in pie pops.