Everyone has their favorite cookie, but these chocolate walnut crinkles are high up there every list.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 30 ServingsServings
- 5-ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2-ounces unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 30 California walnut halves
1. Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler. Whisk until smooth.
2. Mix together cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In an electric mixer, whisk together eggs and sugar for 2 minutes. Reduce to low speed and stir in the melted chocolate, coffee and vanilla.
4. Stir in dry ingredients. Refrigerate the dough until firm, about an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350° F.
6. Scoop or form the cookies into balls, each about 1 tablespoon.
7. Put confectioners (or powdered) sugar in a bowl and roll each of the balls in the sugar. Place on parchment lined baking sheets several inches apart.
8. Bake for 13-15 minutes until crackled on top. Remove from the oven and gently press a walnut half in the middle of each warm cookie.
9. Once cool, store in an airtight container.
Source: Chef Emily Luchetti and California Walnut Board