Hearts of palm are a wonderful salad base. They are a high-potassium, low-calorie, heart-healthy vegetable. Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of vitamin E, copper, and several B vitamins.
- Prep Time
- 2 (15-ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
1. Place hearts of palm, celery, carrots, tomatoes, avocado, seeds, raisins, and cilantro in a large salad bowl.
2. Gently toss with lime juice and oil.
3. Season to taste with salt.
Nutritional information per serving: 150 calories, 9g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, 5g fiber, 7g sugar, 4g protein