- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 servings ServingsServings
- 1 teaspoon:kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon:pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon:cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon:coriander
- 2-1/2 tablespoons:unsalted butter or oil or margarine
- 3 pounds:baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon:unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon:chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a bowl combine the salt, pepper, cinnamon and coriander.
- Melt 21/2 tablespoons of butter in a 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Arrange a single layer of potato slices, slightly overlapping, in a circular pattern in the pan; sprinkle with 1/4 of the salt and spice mixture.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of the melted butter over potatoes.
- Repeat layers 5 times, ending with butter.
- Press firmly to pack.
- Cover and bake 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until potatoes are golden.
- You can serve the potatoes in the skillet or loosen edges with a spatula and turn over onto a plate.
- Sprinkle with parsley.Makes 8 servings at 208 calories each.