This Classic Caprese Salad is brought to you by Mason & Mug kosher restaurant.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 medium eggplant or three baby eggplants
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella
- ⅓ cup capers
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slice eggplant into one-inch slices, drizzle with a bit of oil, and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Thinly slice tomatoes and mozzarella to the same width as the eggplant.
4. While eggplant is roasting, blend basil leaves and olive oil until smooth.
5. Layer eggplant, mozzarella, and tomatoes.
6. Top with capers, basil, oil, drizzle of balsamic, and sea salt flakes.
Recipe originally published in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Winter 2014 Subscribe Now