The fresh mozzarella shines in this classic pizza. Don’t be fooled by its simplicity: the quality ingredients come together and yield a tasty pizza with depth of flavor. You won’t want to buy another pizza pie again.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ball Natural & Kosher fresh mozzarella, shredded
- Basil leaves
- 1 pizza dough recipe
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a large sauté pan, heat evoo on medium. Sauté the onion until translucent. Add garlic and stir.
3. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 20 minutes.
4. On a well-floured surface, roll out the pizza dough. Smear a generous amount of tomato sauce on the pizza dough.
5. Bake for 7 minutes. Add the mozzarella pieces and bake for another 5 minutes. The pizza is ready when the edges are slightly charred and the cheese is bubbling. Add basil leaves immediately. Serve hot.