Move over chocolate chip, everyone knows there is nothing so tempting as an oatmeal raisin cookie.
- Prep Time
- about 3 dozen ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a spatula, cream together butter, sugar, and salt. Add egg, vanilla, and 1/4 cup water; mix until well combined.
- In another large bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. Fold into the butter mixture until well combined. Add raisins and stir until well combined.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, scoop out cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Transfer baking sheets to oven, and bake until edges begin to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.