Everybody loves spearing these cute little Cocktail Meatballs!
For the ultimate do-ahead tip: Prepare meatballs, place on trays and freeze. When they're frozen, transfer to sealable plastic bags, pop back into the freezer and use as needed.
Serve with a toothpick in each meatball or over rice pilaf if desired.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- ¼ cup seltzer or club soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- For sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- Rice pilaf, cooked according to package directions(optional)
- Place beef, egg, bread crumbs, seltzer or soda, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix lightly but well to combine all ingredients.
- Shape into ¾-inch round balls, using your hands, a melon baller or a small scoop. Don't over-handle them, though, or they'll get tough. Set aside.
- In a 2- to 3-quart saucepan, heat cranberry sauce and chili sauce over medium heat, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Drop meatballs into sauce. Return to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Serve with a toothpick in each meatball, or over rice pilaf if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Quick & Kosher: Recipes from the Bride Who Knew Nothing by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2007).