Keep dessert easy and light with malabi made from almond milk and top with healthy fruit and nuts.
Let everyone have fun, set out a platter of toppings and they can make their own.
Related: 20 Gluten Free Desserts
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cups almond milk, divided
- ⅓ cup date honey
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- In a large microwave safe bowl whisk together 3½ cups almond milk, date honey, and cocoa powder and heat for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and remaining ½ cup almond milk.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into warm milk mixture.
- Place back in the microwave for 4 to 6 minutes more, whisking every 2 minutes until pudding consistency is reached.
- Remove and whisk in rose water.
- Pour into decorative cups for serving and cool in fridge.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 126 mg