Serve Herbed Roasted Turkey Breast with this incredible recipe for juicy confit turkey legs. This will the best turkey you ever made.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 turkey legs with thigh attached
- 3 to 4 cups poultry fat, or extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed but not peeled
- Several thyme sprigs
- Several rosemary sprigs
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 250°F.
2. Place legs in a baking pan (both legs should fit tightly in a pan). Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, lemon, and orange slices. Cover legs with fat and evoo.
3. Place in 250°F for 3 hours, until the legs are loose jointed and the meat is falling off the bone. Or place in a slow cooker, and cook on low for 6 hours.
4. Gently remove legs from fat and serve. Reserve fat, cover, and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month, or freeze for 6 months. Use reserved fat for frying or seasoning side dishes.