For a moist, delicious turkey, roast white meat and dark meat separately. For this method, you’ll need some simple knife skills to separate the breast, legs, and thighs from a whole turkey. Or, to save time, ask your butcher to cut it for you.
Serve the white meat with Confit Turkey Legs and Thighs.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 bone-in turkey breast
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 whole head of garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Rub turkey breast with evoo, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Place carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and lemon in a pile in a roasting pan. Nestle turkey breast in the vegetables.
4. Roast turkey breast for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 155°F (it will continue to cook and reach 165°F out of the oven) when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
5. Remove from oven, loosely cover with foil, and rest for 20 minutes before slicing. Pour turkey drippings into pitcher and strain off the fat. Serve turkey with strained juices.