Refreshingly light and slightly sweet with a splash of sesame over soba—this is not your grandmother’s pasta dinner
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 pound soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained (11-ounce can)
- 2 cup baby spinach, washed
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
2. While noodles are cooking, heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced chicken breasts and cook 5 minutes. Add orange juice and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly reduced. Remove from heat and stir in zest and sesame oil.
3. In a large bowl, toss soba noodles with chicken and sauce, green onions, orange segments, spinach and salt. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve chilled or at room temperature.