I love to take my family blueberry picking and then make this unusual Corn and Blueberry salad with the fresh pickings. Fresh corn and fresh blueberries pair surprisingly wonderful together.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 6 fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1) In Dutch oven bring salted water to boiling. Add corn. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs.
2) In a serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, parsley, and jalapeno. For dressing, in screw-top jar combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover; shake well to combine. Add to salad; toss. Cover and refrigerate overnight (up to 24 hours).