- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-5 PeopleServings
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful of rainbow chard stalks (only), finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring 1 cup water with a pinch of salt to a boil. Once boiling, add 1 cup couscous, mix well and remove from heat. Let sit for 4-5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
2. Over medium heat, warm 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion, garlic and rainbow chard stalks. Cook until soft and onion translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and a bit of water (not more than 1/4 cup). Cook over low-medium heat, allowing tomatoes to soften and liquify. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
4. In a separate small pan, toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown.
5. Fold pine nuts into tomato mixture. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place the couscous in the middle of a platter, surrounded by tomato mixture. Once presented, fold ingredients together.