This classic Middle Eastern salad is delicious any time of year. The secret trick is in using the whole lemon, give it a try, it just might change your life.
- Prep Time
- 2 cups instant couscous
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- 4 small Persian cucumbers, diced
- 4 scallions, diced
- 2 lemons
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (or dried cranberries)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
1. Prepare instant couscous per package directions and place in a large bowl.
2. Squeeze the juice from lemons over the salad. Finely chop 1 lemon including rind and add to salad.
3. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, cilantro, parsley and dill. Toss well.
5. This salad keeps well in the fridge for up to 24 hours.