For applesauce with style, try this cran-applesauce. A side dish, a dessert, a snack - awesome any way you eat it.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10Servings
- 12 medium apples
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Wash the apples and chop them up without peeling. Squeeze lemon juice over them as you cut them.
2. Put apples in crockpot with cranberry juice . Use 1 cup if you want the applesauce thick, more if you want it thin.
3. Stir in sugar to suit your taste. Let apples stew on low for 6-8 hours.
4. About an hour or two before serving, stir in cranberries.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.