This is a great recipe for turkey legs. The combination of the cranberry juice, lime juice, and the chipotle peppers, makes this a delicious tart and spicy dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 turkey drumsticks
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 chipotle peppers (in adobo sauce) minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Place drumsticks in a large baking dish. Combine cranberry juice, 1 tablespoon tequila, 1 teaspoon lime peel, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and garlic in a small mixing bowl.
2. Pour mixture over drumsticks, cover, and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Preheat grill to medium-high heat or oven to 350.
3. Place remaining ingredients in a small saucepan, bringing mixture to a boil and allowing to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
4. Remove turkey and place on grill rack or on broiler pan in the oven. Discard marinade.
5. Cover with the lid of the grill or with foil if you are cooking them in the oven and allow to cook for 50-60 minutes, brushing with prepared sauce throughout cooking (about every 15 minutes).
6. Once turkey is cooked, remove from heat and serve.