One of our favorite avocado combinations - cranberry avocado salsa. Don't worry about the avocado going brown. It won't last that long!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Char bell peppers over a gas flame or in the broiler until the skin has blackened on all sides. Place charred peppers in a paper bag to steam off skin for about 10 minutes.
2. Peel, seed, and chop the pepper.
3. Combine cranberries, sugar, and orange juice in processor. Using on/off turns, coarsely chop cranberries.Transfer to a medium bowl.
4. Add bell pepper, jalapeno, and orange peel.
(Can be prepared 1 day ahead to this point. Cover and refrigerate.)
5. To serve, stir in the avocado and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.