This cranberry cinnamon clafoutis gives tough competition to the traditional French clafoutis dish made with black cherries.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup tawny port
- 1/3 cup whiskey or brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar mixed with 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees with rack in upper third. Butter a 9-inch shallow baking dish.
2. In a small heavy saucepan, briskly simmer cranberries, Port, whiskey, and cinnamon, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until almost syrupy, 12-15 minutes. Pour into buttered baking dish.
3. In a blender, blend together eggs, milk, butter, sugar, flour vanilla, and salt. Pour over cranberries, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
4. Bake until slightly puffed and set in center, about 35 minutes.
5. Cool briefly on a rack before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream