Love spicy food? Then you’ll love this cranberry jalapeno chutney. It’s the perfect accompaniment for roast turkey and it’s really good on turkey sandwiches. Be sure to use plastic gloves when cutting the jalapenos!
- Cook Time
- 4 cupsServings
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut in chunks
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, and cut in chunks
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (grated orange peel)
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2-3/4 cup sugar (depends on how sweet you like it)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash cardamom
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook for 5-10 minutes or until cranberries pop and fruit softens.
2. Chill before serving.