A flavorsome orange pound cake made more so by the addition of cranberries.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade (you can substitute apricot jam)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Soak cranberries in hot water for 15 minutes.
Drain thoroughly and pat dry on paper towels.Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
4. Add eggs, vanilla, marmalade, and sour cream, beating on low speed until combined.
5. In another bowl whisk together the baking powder and flour.
6. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, 1/3 at a time, mixing until blended. Fold in the cranberries.
7. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Wait 15 to 20 minutes before trying to take the cake out of the pan.
8. Cool the cake to room temperature before cutting to serve.
Sour cream and marmalade give this cake a rich luscious taste.