- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1 cup (4 oz) dry no-yolk egg noodles
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (or 1/4 cup water and 1-2 tsp balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 Worcestershire sauce available without fish at most kosher markets
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 teaspoons canola, divided
- 3/4 lb boneless steak, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt or fat.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together canola mayonnaise, sherry, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Cook beef 3 minutes and set aside on a separate plate. Heat 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil, add onions, and cook 5 minutes or until just beginning to richly brown, stirring frequently. Scrape onions to one side of the skillet, add remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil, and add mushrooms. Cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown on the edges, stirring frequently. Add beef and any accumulated juices. Cook 30 seconds or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Remove from heat and stir in canola mayonnaise mixture until well blended. Serve over drained noodles. Sprinkle with additional black pepper, if desired.
Source: Canola Info