- Prep Time
- 1 can (15 oz/ 443 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained 1
- 1/2 cup mild or medium picante sauce 125 mL
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice 45 mL
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus sprig for garnish 15 mL
- 1 medium clove garlic, peeled 1
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin 2 mL
- 1 container (12 oz/ 341 mL) fat-free sour cream 1
- 1 ripe medium avocado, peeled, seeded, and diced 1
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced 1
- 1 can (2.25 oz/ 64 g) sliced ripe olives, drained 1
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice 15 mL
- fresh vegetables, sliced for dipping
1 Combine beans, picante sauce, lime juice, canola oil, cilantro, garlic, and cumin in a blender or small food processor, secure lid, and puree until smooth.
2 Place mixture in a 9-inch pie pan and spread evenly over all using the back of a spoon. Top with remaining ingredients in the order listed.
3 Serve with a variety of fresh vegetables for dipping, such as sliced cucumber, yellow squash, and bell pepper. Garnish dip with sprig of cilantro.