This Creamy Mushroom Soup will warm you up with the savory flavors of vegetables blended with decadent cream cheese.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 lb. baking potatoes (about 2), peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions and celery; cook 6 to 8 min. or until onions and celery are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Reserve 1 cup vegetable mixture. Add next 5 ingredients to vegetable mixture remaining in skillet; stir. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low heat 15 min. or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add 1/3 of the potato mixture to blender; blend until smooth. Pour into large saucepan. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
4. Whisk in cream cheese; cook and stir 2 min. or until melted. Stir in parsley and reserved vegetable mixture.