Mix up this creamy mushroom soup for the ultimate comfort food for any mushroom lover.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 as a starter or 2 as a main ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cup Manischewitz All Natural Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
Heat olive oil in a medium sized pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté 5 minutes or until onions begin to soften. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant and slightly wilted. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Carefully transfer soup to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and add cream cheese. Pulse a few times to combine and serve immediately or return to pot and warm over low heat until ready to serve.