For crispy onions, use a mandolin to achieve uniform slices that fry up evenly. These make the perfect topping for burgers, salads, and our Ultimate Green Bean Casserole.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 CupsServings
- 1 large onion, sliced very thin
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
1. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook sliced onions in evoo, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy. Take your time with this step; the payoff is crispy, crunchy oniony goodness.
3. Transfer crispy onions to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt; set aside. Serve as a topping for burgers, soups, salads, and our Ultimate Green Bean Casserole.