The turkey bacon adds a salty and smoky flavor to the stuffing for this healthier version of Southern Fried Chicken. This dish is also a wonderful option for a weeknight dinner or Shabbat day lunch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ½ cup dressing or sauce, such as remoulade sauce, duck sauce, Thousand Island, honey dijon, Italian, or French
- 5 thinly sliced chicken breasts, about 1 pound
- ½ cup corn flake cereal crumbs
- 1½ cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed, drained well and chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) package turkey bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease a baking dish, large enough to hold all of the rolls without touching.
3. Fill a shallow bowl with remoulade sauce. Place cutlets into bowl and toss to coat.
4. Fill a second shallow bowl with breadcrumbs.
5. Take one cutlet coated in dressing and lay it in the breadcrumbs, gently pressing into the crumbs so they adhere to the cutlet on one side.
6. Place about a tablespoon each of broccoli and chopped turkey bacon on the edge of the cutlet. Roll up the cutlet and broccoli- turkey bacon filling, like you would a jelly roll.
7. Place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Don’t overcrowd or the rolls won’t crisp when they bake.
8. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
9. Spray the rolls with cooking spray.
10. Bake at 350° F for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
11. Slice into one and half-inch rounds and serve on a platter with remoulade (or dressing of choice) for dipping.